I have unexplained secondary infertility and we have been ttc for over two years now. We started our fertility journey over 12 months ago and I’ve had many procedures; HyCosy (which found my left tube to be blocked), Pelvic MRI scans, Laproscopy, Hysteroscopy and lipidol flush to try unblock my tube (it is blocked in the centre), many scans and blood tests! You feel like a pin cushion!
FIVE QUESTIONS … with Courtney.
1. Describe your experience in 5 separate words.
Overwhelming, possibility, journey, emotional, heartache.
2. Do you have a positive mantra to get you through the tough times?
You were given this life because you are strong enoigh to live it!
3. What has been the biggest surprise in your journey so far?
After the surgery and scans, nothing was found to be abnormal and our next transfer still didn’t work! I was sure that was the one.
4. What’s the best advice you’ve received?
It’s ok to not be ok. Cry if you need to, binge watch that tv show, look after you and be kind to yourself.
5. And the worst free-advice you’ve heard?
Just “relax”, go on a holiday and it will happen! (Yeah, this is a common one…. #dontsaythis)